The weather is getting warmer and we are loving to play outside! As tempting as it may be to just get our preschoolers outside we need to keep them safe while in the sun. Ways we can prevent sunburn are:
- SHADE: Find shade under a tree, umbrella, or tent during outside play – especially in the afternoon. Our playground and walking areas offer shady areas.
- CLOTHING: Please dress your child for the warm weather. Remember to put sunscreen on uncovered areas like ears and necks. Also, please no flip flops for safety when running on the playground.
- HATS: Hats protect the scalps of small children, especially with little hair.
- SUNGLASSES: Protect your child’s eyes from UV rays.
- SUNSCREEN: Use SPF 15 or greater anytime your child goes outside. It’s best to put sunscreen on 15 – 30 minutes before going outside. Don’t forget ears, noses, lips and feet.
- WATER: Make sure to send your child to school with a water bottle to make sure they are getting fluids throughout the day.
These helpful hints can help keep you and your child safe during the upcoming summer months. Get out enjoy the beautiful weather just remember to be “Sun Safe”!