Looking for the best Holmdel kindergarten class for you young one can be tough, especially if you don’t know exactly what to look for. As you begin visiting schools and classrooms, here are some signs of a great Holmdel Kindergarten class:
Signs of a Good Holmdel Kindergarten
- Children are playing and working with materials or other children. They are not aimlessly wandering or forced to sit quietly for long periods of time.
- Children have access to various activities throughout the day. This can include things such as such as block building, pretend play, picture books, paints and other art materials, and table toys such as legos, pegboards, and puzzles. Children are not all doing the same things at the same time.
- Teachers work with individual children, small groups, and the whole group at different times during the day. They do not spend time only with the entire group. Teachers are actively engaged with the students.
- The classroom is decorated with children’s original artwork, their own writing with invented spelling, and dictated stories.
- Children learn numbers and the alphabet in the context of their everyday experiences. Exploring the natural world of plants and animals, cooking, taking attendance, and serving snack are all meaningful activities to children.
- Children work on projects and have long periods of time (at least one hour) to play and explore. Filling out worksheets should not be their primary activity.
- Children have an opportunity to play outside every day that weather permits. This play is never sacrificed for more instructional time.
- Teachers read books to children throughout the day, not just at group story time.
- Curriculum is adapted for those who are ahead as well as those who need additional help. Because children differ in experiences and background, they do not learn the same things at the same time in the same way.
- Children and their parents look forward to school. Parents feel safe sending their child to the Holmdel kindergarten. Children are happy; they are not crying or regularly sick.
Looking for an Excellent Holmdel Kindergarten?
Home Away From Home Academy, or HAFHA stands apart as the best Holmdel kindergarten. HAFHA was founded to assist children and promote their academic and social growth during the earliest and most impressionable years of their lives. The owners and administrative staff work hard to always improve the quality of education that students and families have come to expect. If you would like more information about our school, you can contact us at (732)290-0033 or visit our home page. We are eager to answer any and every question you may have and assist you in any way possible!